Mdl
Montedino

Bikes: Bertin, Ross Mt Hood; Schwinn Circuit

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Dirt Farmer
You seem to be bombarding this forum with "what about this Craigslist bike?" posts. Tell us exactly what you're looking for (beside "vintage")
Sorry. Bombarding. Ok. I get it. My bad!

OK I’m looking for a vintage steel bike.
Why? I’m on a budget and really like the historical aspect of vintage bikes. Plus I like they way they ride!

My buddy gave me an all aluminum Trek 1200 road bike. Claris brifters (which actually shift very well), Mavic rims, very fast bike. 19lbs. Beautiful too.
However, its too small for me.

On the one hand, I’d like to find a great value. On the other hand, where I live, prices are kind of pricey.
Also, my willpower is weakening - there are lots of very nice, very expensive bikes here. Suddenly, I’m thinking “you know, maybe I deserve to treat myself, a midlife Corvette would cost a lot more”.
lol 😂 I suppose I’d like something really nice. I was looking at Lemonds, I like the brifters, Reynolds, etc. However, when last week I upped the “max price” criteria on Craigslist, I came across a bunch of bikes I know nothing about, Hence, the bombardment. Everything sells so fast around here I figured I’d ask you all. Thanks very much for your patience. I’ll take a chill pill now!