View Single Post
Old 09-11-19, 10:48 PM
deux jambes

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked 346 Times in 196 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig
@deux jambes, lovely build and impressive job both of restoring the bike and tracking down all the parts. Sometimes I think half the fun is just tracking down stuff for that "perfect" build.

— — —

What do you think of that TA crank? I like them but my experience with them is that the chainrings are very close together (which makes sense given the narrow Q factor) but that requires more trimming of the FD than is the case with other cranks. Are you experiencing that as well? Have you tried sourcing a TA sticker for the crank arm? I'd love to track a set down for a Moto Grand Record I have with a TA crank.
Thank you. And yes, I agree that much of the fun of the build can be in the hunt for its parts. Some of the harder to come by components, or just plain good deals, are all the more appreciated when they do come up. It all makes for special experience!

As for the TA, my experience with it, and with a triple in general, is short so far. What I can say is that your observation seems on point, and the reason I’d agree is that for what little bit of shifting I’ve done so far, trimming has been pretty much necessary most of the time. I’m also new to barcons, and don’t feel totally familiar with the feel of them yet, so I wonder how much that may have to do with it.

Initially I thought to simply remove the sticker from the non drive arm. But in the end I ordered the same stickers that @TenGrainBread linked. That was over two weeks ago, I’m guessing they should be here soon!