Old 09-16-19, 07:19 PM
Ironfish653
Dirty Heathen

Bikes: 1997 Cannondale, 1976 Bridgestone, 1998 SoftRide, 1989 Klein, 1989 Black Lightning #0033

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked 906 Times in 534 Posts
Bent the cheap-o steel riser bar on my commuter on the way in to work one afternoon. Bent as in crimped it, like a broken chicken wing. I had about 3 miles to go, so i had to be really delicate about braking and shifting. One of the girls from QA gave me (and the bike) a lift home after shift.

Taco'ed a front wheel coming down a singletrack outside Blacksburg, VA. Still not sure what i hit, but the bars snapped sideways and I got pitched.
Had to do the 'beat it against a tree trunk' so it'd clear the forks without rubbing, and unhook the front brakes. It was less than a mile to the trailhead, but i still had to ride the 4 or so miles back to town on that wobbly front wheel.

Haven't broken a chain in years, since i started using quick links; had to boot a couple of tires that should have been replaced due to age, and there have been countless brake levers, bar-ends and stems that have had to be 'massaged' back in to operating condition by the side of the trail.