View Single Post
Old 09-20-19, 03:58 PM
Ghazmh

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease, 2020 Seven Evergreen, 2019 Honey Allroads Ti, 2018 Seven Redsky XX, 2017 Trek Boon 7, 2014 Trek 520

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 695 Post(s)
Liked 910 Times in 487 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
that place is like my backyard ...

Assabet River Rail Trail Corridor

in an hour I can ride down there, loop the perimeter roads & get back home. for extra fun I will explore the inner maze of trails. I've tried to get lost but always wind up hitting one of the perimeter roads. there's also more riding outside the boundaries of the preserve. it's a national park so there's a ranger manned visitors' center year-round. after hours there's a very decent M/W outhouse

I've
been on the trails marked for pedestrians only & it wasn't the end of the world. in fact many of the interior trails aren't marked like that, anyway. in the winter I can go out there & see maybe just 1 or 2 ppl. gotta love the die-hards! anyway I was asking about the water crossings, there are a cpl places where they've engineered around the marshes & a couple places where it gets deeper & more interesting

very enjoyable place to ride in the Fall

I enter from White Pond Road

enjoy!
thanks! I don’t recall getting that close to the water. There was one beautiful clearing overlooking a grassy wooded area with whisps of early morning autumn fog. I anticipate getting back in there maybe next Saturday. It’s a tad too far for my morning ride routes and sundays I really enjoy the group rides I’ve been doing.

My New Years resolution should be to stop and take more pictures.
Likes For Ghazmh: