Old 09-21-19, 06:46 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Liked 1,433 Times in 815 Posts
Originally Posted by _ForceD_
If you like that old frame I say stick with it. You can find new, updated components. That'll make the bike seem "new" to you. A new (presumably CF) bike doesn't necessarily mean "better." I own a top-of-the-line CF bike that I never ride. I just don't like the way if feels and acts under me. I just like the feel, and action of my older steel, CroMo, and Aluminum frames better.
Dan
I do not own a top of the line CF bike, but a step or two above entry level. I am of the same feeling as ForceD. I do ride mine but not nearly as much as my early 90's steel, or my mid 2000 titanium. I am not fond of the ride or the noise a carbon fiber bike produces. I am seriously considering selling the Orbea Avant CF and putting whatever I get from it into switching the components on my Ochsner steel to a modern set up. I wanted to try a CF bike, I did, and now will probably let it go. I do not know what kind of money you are considering to invest, but check out all your options and go from there.