View Single Post
Old 09-22-19, 03:56 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: Early 90's Ochsner road, 2006 Schwinn SS DBX, 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 1989? Fuji Ace, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked 445 Times in 268 Posts
I live 6 miles west of Bethany Beach. Bethany is 5 miles north of Fenwick Isl. Really not any biking trails of any distance to choose from. Coastal Highway has a lot of bicyclists on it from the OC, MD inlet up to Rehoboth Beach, wide shoulder. From Bethany north to Rehoboth includes crossing the Indian River Inlet, north bound has a ped/bike protected lane, beautiful. OC boardwalk is just shy is 3 miles long. N to S starts at 26th St and runs to the inlet. Nice ride in the morning. Across from the inlet is Assateague Island, maybe a 12 mile car ride for access. Very good place for a ride, pavement not trails. You will probably see some of the famous ponies. OC is 10 miles long with a "dedicated" bus/bike lane. Good ride early morning, after 10am traffic gets heavy. Rehoboth and Bethany both have boardwalks, both on the shorter than OC. Sunrise and sunset always a scenic time to ride Coastal Highway. I drive a school bus and get done at about 8:30 am and back to it from 2pm to 5pm. Reply to this post and I can try to hook up with you. I am a road biker but just today bought CX Lemond Poprad. Are you coming across the Cape May/Lewes Ferry from NJ? I am sending you a PM