Super D

Bikes: Canyon Road, Argon18 TT, DF Track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
No problem! I'm happy to help.

Nitto B123 and B123AA (aluminum) are great options that have both deep drop and long reach. The cro-mo are available for 31.8mm stems, but if you go with the heat-treated aluminum, 25.4-31.8mm shim spacers work very well even under strong standing starts.

Someone made a handlebar reach/drop chart. I can't recall who or where it was. Maybe it was Taras here or the Up Up Up website.
Here is the one I was looking at on Up Up Up: Handlebar reach and drop table ? Up! Up! Up! An introduction to track sprint cycling

Originally Posted by Baby Puke
I'm using Nitto 125AA's in 35cm. They're super light and maybe not as stiff as carbon but good enough for me (~175lbs, 11.3 200)
My major issue right now is that I'm bumping up against the limit of allowable specs for handlebar in front of front spindle plane, and my hands are way too far back. I've got long legs and monkey arms, so I have to get a longer frame next, because if I move from a 140 to 150 stem or change handlebars, the difference won't be enough to solve my fit problems, plus I wouldn't be within specs. Once I get the longer frame, I'll be able to stretch out with that, plus a better choice of bars like you and Carlton have suggested. Looking forward to it!

Here's how crunched up I am on a 58cm Felt with 140mm stem and the SC SL-80 bars: