Old 09-26-19, 02:32 PM
bedtime

Bikes: Louis Garneau road bike converted to fixie for artistic cycling

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Maslin
Out here everyone is afraid to post their phone number, so it's email only. But they don't check their email so it goes no where.

I've been trying to buy some eggbeaters for weeks, can't get in touch with anyone.
You'd think it would be the seller who would be the one pushing the sale, but it seems they are running away as fast as they can.

If I had already given relevant size info in the ad, I might not respond if I had other prospects. Lot's of sellers ignore weird inquiries, not unusual IMO. Persevere.
Most ads have a 'frame size' category consisting of a simplistic 'S/M/L", but the Kijiji site has no explanation of what these mean.

Also, frames differ greatly in geometry, even if the frame size was specified. I don't think asking for the stand-over height is an unreasonable question. Nonetheless, I've had sellers who live 45 minutes away say, "Better come down to check." So they want me to spend $30 on transit and 2-3 hours of my time travelling to find out something that would take them 30 seconds to do?