View Single Post
Old 10-09-19, 03:01 PM
restlessswind

Bikes: 2017 Surly Cross-Check. 2020 Specialized Turbo Vado 3.0, 2002 GT Dyno Roadster, 2002 Rans Stratus, 2020 Giant Fathom 2, 2011 Trek Pure Sport

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 62 Posts
Crazy Commute this morning

My normally uneventful commute along a 12 mile stretch of MUP was quite interesting...and scary. First, I approached a pair of riders taking up the whole path. I dinged my bell, and again, and continuously. Still not moving out of the way. I zapped my AirZound, and they were finally compliant. LOL. Then I overtook a bike and he grabbed onto my tail and was drafting. RUDE! I was zig-zagging and slowing down, speeding up, but this jerk kept on my tail. I felt not only uncomfortable, but unsafe. As soon as I had a ramp to the levee, I took it. Then, further along, I almost ran into a pair of riders stopped on the path. Why? They were watching a fire started on the path's shoulder. I continued and saw another fire, and another. I called 911. There were 6 fires started by an angry derelict. Fortunately, the wind was calm, but now the wind is 20+ mph. Good thing the FD caught it in time.

Last edited by restlessswind; 10-09-19 at 03:36 PM.
Likes For restlessswind: