Old 10-13-19, 09:29 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
33 miles for Thursday's club ride. Caught in the rain the final 8 miles or so but felt good -- temperature was still in the 80s. Slowed by another rider's multiple puncture flats but that was okay -- stopping to lend a hand offers good opportunities to meet new folks.

22 miles Saturday morning, short of my planned 50-60 mile group ride. Yikes. Worst I've felt in months. I'm gonna blame the sudden cold front. Started at 37F around 7 a.m. I figured I'd warm up around my own neighborhood for 30 minutes and tag onto the group as they passed. But I never could get warmed up despite dressing warmly -- dead legs, sore throat, numb lips, asthma problems and throat congestion -- and couldn't hold the wheels in front of me. The group slowly pulled away and I decided to take it easy and go my own route. Achy and exhausted when I got home. Slept for pretty much the next 16 hours.

25 miles Sunday evening. Felt much better. Temp in the low 70s, clear sky, big orange Hunter's Moon, beautiful evening for a leisurely ride. Intended to cruise around an easy 15 mph but averaged 17 mph. Must have needed that long sleep Saturday.

Midway point, Sunday evening Hunter's Moon ride. Actual moon larger.

Last edited by canklecat; 10-13-19 at 09:32 PM. Reason: add photo