Old 10-14-19, 01:49 PM
fly135

Bikes: iZip E3 Peak DS, Magnum Metro, GT Tachyon, K2 Sidewinder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by zacster
I'm 64, retired, and I'm in the population that you might think would want this. I've got my own motor though, my legs. You want to go fast? HTFU.

Sheesh.
I'm just about to turn 64 and just got into biking by buying an eBike a few months ago. Two actually. A street bike/cruiser and a full suspension mountain bike. I'm fortunate that I was able to do this because I don't carry a lot of emotional baggage about the proper way a bike should be propelled. My last ride was 14 miles each way with a mountain bike trail at the turn around. I was able to go on a 2 mile mountain bike ride while everyone was resting for the return trip.

How much exercise you get is determined by a number of factors. If I try to keep up with the unplugged guys who like to run 20mph, then I get a lot of exercise because my mountain bike motor phases out between 19 and 20. I'll go plenty of stretches at close to or over 20, which leaves me unplugged pushing hard on a plus size tire bike. When I read some of these posts it makes me wonder if these guys are confused about why people play tennis, golf, or go hiking in the woods. Who should want to do anything except ride an unplugged bike?
Likes For fly135: