View Single Post
Old 10-16-19, 10:08 AM
RShantz

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by surak
Taking an e-bike on charity rides and not breaking a sweat is what I find off-putting. When I participate in a charity ride, I want to convey to others how worthy the cause is by actually making an effort (i.e., doing a century for the first time or riding in horrible rainy conditions instead of skipping out because I pledged to participate). I don't want to treat the event as just an opportunity to go on a supported leisurely cruise with some buds for a couple hours.
Really just don't understand this. Can someone explain this logic? It just looks to me like you're upset that someone doesn't ride as hard as you do. Just don't understand how/why what someone else does bothers you in this instance. I certainly ride as hard as I can at these events, never stop at rest stops and try to finish in the very front if possible. However, I don't get upset by those that don't try as hard as I do regardless of the bike they are on.

Do you get mad at charity 5k events when some folks run it like a race and others simply walk?

Do you get made at folks who take the 50 mile option when you take the 100 mile option bc they didn't try as hard as you?

If it's for charity, I'd say the more money raised the better. Regardless of how hard they ride.
Likes For RShantz: