Old 10-21-19, 11:01 AM
AU Tiger

Bikes: 2018 Fuji Jari 1.5, 2017 Kona Fire Mountain

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Alzerbster
Not sure why those photos are so large on the screen. Guess I needed to do something different. I agree we are spoiled here in Pa with all the great rail trails to ride. Parts of the Allegheny Passage are very nice. Especially Connellsville to Rockwood area that includes Confluence, and Ohiopyle. North along the Allegheny river also offers some nice trails. I lived in Western Pa. all my life, and never was that aware of the rail trails within a couple hours drive of me, until I bought a bike.
I really like those - especially the ones that show the creek winding back and forth. In the section we rode Saturday the bends are broad as opposed to snaking. And seeing your shots from bridges made me realize that there were no bridges across the creek from Blackwell on up.

As far as the photos being so large, I've learned to resize mine before posting here. I use Adobe Lightroom for editing, and I just export them with a maximum dimension of 600 pixels if I plan to upload them here.

You mentioned the GAP. I rode a short section of that several years ago while visiting Ohiopyle State Park. Would love to get back over that way and do more of it some time.