Old 10-23-19, 11:05 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts
Dare I Use The "R" Word? Ben Lawee Goodness

I totally blame Rocketsauce for this! He posted it on the ebay/craigslist thread, offered to check it and facilitate if need be and then actually handed the seller the money and shipped to me. He is such an enabler!!!!

Anyway the second I saw this I was smitten. A Bertoni. I've been looking for MAX Bertoni and this wasn't but but still.....SLX, chrome and wonder Univega type tri color splatter paint what's not to love right? The price. Even for such and unusual bike in such great shape $700 was way too much. Then I hear on just over a week the price dropped to $500 maybe just maybe.

After not being able to get this beautiful bike out of my mind for a few weeks I emailed the seller and made an offer. Maybe a bit too low but I laid my cards out that 1 it was great brand but not hugely sought out like other Italians and 2 if it didn't fit me well I could never resell it at $500 let alone recoup anything put into it to refurbish it. To my surprise he took the offer!

Now I have to hurry and get the bike I've slowly been working on done, although I changed the color scheme so I have to undo a lot and start again. Then this needs a few things and overhaul. I may end up taking the 105 SC off. While I actually like the color of this group I may want to swap out some 172 cranks and they didn't make them 105 (that I recall). So if I change those I will likely change the rest out as well. The bars are wicked narrow so they definitely have to go.

The computer loaded the pics out of order

Beautiful splatter.

On another post about a Bertoni someone posted a Wiki article that says, in the '80s anyway, Bertoni was built by Daccardi I wonder if that was still the case in '94?

Bertoni! I wonder if this is a Cinelli crown?

I just couldn't fuggedaboud this beautiful bicycle. This color is called TriColor Radiant Fd

The date seems odd to me but I have a price/inventory sheet from Lawee for some MTBs and the Bertoni frames. It is dated 4/5/94 which I am guessing is April of '94 and the MSRP is listed as $560. There didn't appear to be any of these in stock

More chrome and CampI dropouts.

I finally have an SLX frame!!

They managed to work those three little hash marks in yet again

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk