View Single Post
Old 10-27-19, 04:36 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3459 Post(s)
Liked 1,465 Times in 1,143 Posts
Originally Posted by 3speed
I thought the whole point of spending $100+ on a Brooks, which also requires more care than a regular seat, was that it's supposed to just be comfortable. If you're wearing padded shorts anyway, why not just save yourself a lot of money and get a cheaper seat that you won't have to constantly worry about getting wet, dried out, etc...
If you could simply wear padded shorts and that would be enough to turn any crappy saddle into something great, we could all have saved a lot of money and bought crappy saddles.

For a six or eight or ten or twelve hour day, I really want a good saddle AND padded shorts. My longest day this year was 12 hours, 36 minutes.

I do not constantly worry about it getting wet, when it starts raining I put on the rain cover. And in the evening in case of heavy dew I put on the rain cover. About once a year I put on some Proofide on the bikes I rode the most, but some years I forget to do it.