View Single Post
Old 11-04-19, 07:25 PM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1744 Post(s)
Liked 1,370 Times in 719 Posts
Saddle is the Cambium C17, Works perfectly on this bike, not so much on my road bike. Not sure why other than it is positioned further behind the crank and the bars are higher than the road bike. Really like it and will order one soon. Notice the VO post, it allows the saddle to be properly supported in the middle of the rails. Couple 30mm setback with 72 degree seat tube angle and 175 cranks, and it allows this to be done.

Must mention the Surly fork. 1 inch threadless Crosscheck fork. One of the only Surly products I like enough to use myself. Rides super smooth on the rough stuff. Hard to beat, even if I were to build my own.

The brake levers are Superbe Pro with Rustines hoods. Had the original hoods, but they were fried and bubbly, and really gooey! Rustines are very nice. These levers coupled with the XC Pro canti's it is like having power brakes. Very low effort and stops really well with the stock pads.

All my touring frames are built with 4 cage placements. Only makes sense from a touring point of view, and quite honestly, daily riders should have at least 3. So much easier to reach down to the upper mounted one while riding instead of the lower one. Not sure it can be done well on frames under 54cm, but someday I will draw one up and see.

Bike is slightly portly due to component choice, but in the long run it will be durable and problem free for many miles to come. Had it out Sunday and simply fell in love with it. Beats out my Miyata 1000 and is smoother than the Fuji Touring Series V, which is the softest riding frame I have had up to this point. The long chain stays plus bigger tires are the difference.

Last edited by TiHabanero; 11-04-19 at 07:30 PM.