Old 11-10-19, 09:50 PM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1553 Post(s)
Liked 2,005 Times in 984 Posts
Originally Posted by tricky
Yes! Very excited about this. It's getting close to being done!

It was fate that I came across this partially complete bike at Bikeworks and happened to already have a Sirrus of the same era built exactly to my liking. After seeing @ryansu saying he pined for an Allez in this size, I knew it had to be. And the ability to pass on stoke is the greatest thing. The pfriem was just icing on the cake.
@RiddleOfSteel, it's my goal as soon as Ryan finishes this up to get us 3 (plus any other C&V'ers, obviously) out on a red steel Spec ride. If you guys can handle getting your bikes dirty, I am down for a ride in the middle of the winter.
That will be cool to do a red Specialized ride. I might be good for 5 miles at present. Less is fine, but that's not really a ride! Winter is fine, though a heavy preference is for the dry--I'd like the grey anodizing to last as long as possible and not get munched by brake pad + road grit. I try not to be a princess about it, but...it's just so pristine!