View Single Post
Old 11-10-19, 11:32 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10960 Post(s)
Liked 7,488 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by kingston
You guys from Iowa crack me up. I grew up in Burlington and at least back then, there were more gravel roads that paved roads. We used to hate riding gravel but could never completely avoid it because gravel roads were everywhere. Despite the latest craze, I can't imagine loading my bike on the car to seek out a gravel road. Especially since I live in Chicago now and don't think there's a gravel road within 50 miles other than the Des Plaines River Trail which is under water most of the time.
Not sure why we crack you up.
Also not sure why you are posting in a forum you dislike(if unread your post correctly).

I grew up in winnetka/Arlington heights and still go into the W/SW burbs every few months. There is gravel just west of Aurora, so not near you but relatively accessible to millions in your area. Yeah most of what would be gravel in Chicagoland is just hardpack limestone trails.