View Single Post
Old 11-12-19, 11:30 PM
Doug64

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked 833 Times in 435 Posts
The Sony a6000 series cameras are pretty amazing. They are durable, produce excellent pictures, interchangeable lenses, versatile, and relatively compact. The primary reason I chose this camera is that it has an excellent electronic eye level view finder and a rear screen. The majority of my pictures are of people, and for me the eye level viewfinder is much better than using the rear screen, My wife and I use 3 of them; one is a backup. If you are not going to make poster sized prints, the a6000 may be overkill.

The Sony RX 100 series cameras are also nice cameras, and they will fit in your jersey pocket. Figure out what you want to do with your camera, and get one that will meet your present and anticipated needs.

A full frame picture of the Berlin Wall with no post processing work.

An enlargement of a small section of the photo above, and you can still see individual strands of the young woman's hair.

I do shoot some while on my bike, but the pictures are usually of other riders I'm with. My landscape photos suck anyway, so I always stop to take scenery pictures. My wife takes amazing landscape photos, so when we are touring I cover the people, and she takes care of the lanscapes

This shot was taken while riding behind my wife.

Last edited by Doug64; 01-13-20 at 12:24 PM.
Likes For Doug64: