Old 11-13-19, 02:21 AM
gaucho777 

Bikes: '72 Cilo Pacer, '72 Gitane Gran Tourisme, '72 Peugeot PX10, '73 Speedwell Ti, '74 Peugeot UE-8, '75 Peugeot PR-10L, '80 Colnago Super, '85 De Rosa Pro, '86 Look Equipe 753, '86 Look KG86, '89 Parkpre Team, '90 Parkpre Team MTB, '90 Merlin

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Liked 2,110 Times in 553 Posts
@jyl, Looking forward to seeing this get built up! I see no reason to doubt it's authentic. All the build details are correct.

Originally Posted by jyl
Despite reading every post on BFCV having to do with these bikes, I'm still unclear whether the original graphics were paint or decals...
I think I may have added to this confusion. My frame had a repair to the downtube. The repair was done well, and I had an extra set of water bottle bosses added at the time. However, the repaired but unpainted frame sat dormant for a long time. I carried around the frame with a naked downtube for years and years, before deciding to "restore" mine. I ended up taking good measurements of what paint was left, then I stripped and repainted the entire frame, downtube letters and all (a PITA to be sure). At the time, I was pretty sure the original downtube lettering was paint, but now I think I must have been mistaken.

As far as the builder, I do wish I knew for certain. There are a number of reasons Cyfac might make sense, but I've never come close to a confirmation. Not sure what to make of the version with the fastback stays and the comment about BACO as the builder. That's a new one to me.

Note the tubing on these should be 753r.