Old 11-13-19, 03:43 PM
Craptacular8

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 31 Posts
Arrowhead

Originally Posted by Hypno Toad
I've got a local buddy that makes pogies and he'd be happy to help with custom pogies to fit my Woodchippers. I have a set his pogies for Lisa's Pugsley and used them happily before converting to drop-bars. They are a good solutions! When I set up a flat-bar fatbike (N+1), this will be the solution.

OTOH - For the drop-bar set up, I've had great experience with my PI gloves and will want that option available.

As another data point about this Toad, I'm planning to ride the Arrowhead 135. I will need both pogies and warm gloves for this ride.
Will be curious to see your arrowhead setup. I see they require a qualifier, or I should say request that you have completed something similar before doing the arrowhead...what similar ride have your tried? I think I might like to try this, but would definitely want to try a much shorter...less harsh beginner race, lol.

I'm no help on the gloves. I use a lobster claw mitten intended for equestrian sports. I have no trouble shifting a road bike with them, but when it gets seriously cold, there's usually snow on the ground, so then I'm on Pugs, which is flat bar with pogies....hardly need gloves with those, which solves the cold hands for the first 3 miles of my ride problem, lol.