View Single Post
Old 11-15-19, 11:40 AM
drewellison 

Bikes: Cinelli Nuovo SuperCorsa, Vitus 979, Cinelli Saetta, Raseza, Bike Friday, Look KG381, Somec ProMax, Black Mountain Cycles MonsterCross, Litespeed Classic, Fondriest X-Status

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 91Bear View Post
I've read this tubing is for lighter folks and that the oversized Tecno is better for larger people. Do you think that 195 lbs would be too much for it?

Is that 9 speed Campy Record?
Good question. I think in the sense that a larger diameter tubeset would be better suited to a larger (and stronger) rider, then Iíve got to think that thatís where the thought that Techno is best for larger riders and Neuron for lighter (and less strong) riders. But thereís no weight limit on the tubeset that I can find. Never heard of one. And heck, think of all those riders (Big and small, strong and not as strong) through the Ď60s, Ď70s, Ď80s, Ď90s who rode on standard diameter tubing and they did just fine.

Iím currently 170 lbs and was about 190-195 lbs. four years ago. Never had any stiffness or other issues with the frame. Itís plenty stiff, one of the stiffer steel frames Iíve had. 195 lb. rider should do just fine on this.

Itís a mix of Campy parts, not one model groupset. But it works really well together.
Crankset: Centaur Ultra-Torque 53-39
Rear D: Daytona 9-sp
Front D: Chorus 10-sp
Shifters: Daytona 9-sp
Brakes: Centaur dual pivot
Seatpost: Campy aero (not sure of model)
Hubs: Campy Centaur 32 hole
Other parts: Avocet O2 saddle, Ritchey Peloton pedals (Look delta compatible), Conti 4000 tires, DT double butted stainless spokes, Nitto Noodle 46cm bars.

Drew