Old 11-15-19, 01:11 PM
crank_addict
Banned

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked 423 Times in 282 Posts
Originally Posted by iab
Of course, being young and not too bright, I tried to do it twice. The second fall was epic and I paid for it for a week.

Ouch. I'm afraid to even ask what more happened. BTW: Curious if you still have the board, something for one of your offspring (pun) and to corrupt them. Lol

I still have an off-road wooden skateboard, very early type with small pneumatic tires, disc brakes / handle with bike brake lever connected by a dangling bicycle brake cable. Feet are attached by Velcro straps. Adjustable for goofy or regular.

Carving comes to learn early on the insane recreational transportation device but requires high speed to slide- gawdsaveyou rolling over the rough terrain.

Mind you, this is not like a push and go street skateboard as on level asphalt but rather strapped on, all about gravity and steep hard ground to always crash on. Its absolutely stoopid.

I gave most of my skateboards to the granddaughters (he-he). In hindsight, probably not a good idea. One now has a ramp to play in the neighborhood street. Anyways, missy athletic looked at the off-road board and I think thats close as she'll be allowed to having it.