View Single Post
Old 11-15-19, 04:05 PM
whitemax

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mvnsnd
I think it is based on the inside belt system gear ratios, but don't quote me on that.
That sounds plausible. But if so, why not just put the value to be entered into the maual? For ex., if using 700c sized wheel as most will be using, why not put the value in the manual? Elite is a good company in support of their trainers but writing to them is an effort in futility in most cases. In my experience, they answer questions only partially as if they don't understand what is being asked which necessitates mulitple emails across a number of days which is very frustrating. They could certainly do a better job of writing the manual too. There is absolutely no mention in the X manual of what the offset value is or what to do if it is off the factory set value. Does it need to be adjusted if off by 3....5....10? And if so, how to do it? They put a sticker over the adjustment bolt and the manual says the warranty is voided if the sticker is broken through. If offset value needs to be changed, the owner is to call Elite for technical advise on how to adjust it. Is the warranty then voided? It's pretty simple really, loosen the lock bolt and then the adjustment bolt can be tightened. Why this is not in the manual just escapes me. If you go to the Elite Direto forums, you'll see numerous questions about it and they never seem to be able to answer the questions properly so people keep asking the same questions about it. Very frustrating and a waste of time for both Elite and the owner as well. And for heavens sake, the need to put that damn offset value sticker on the top of the trainer instead on the bottom.