Old 04-24-03, 01:24 AM
fubar5
0^0

Bikes: Redline Monocog,Surly Crosscheck, Lemond Reno

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I had a Roadmaster, and a Huffy, and a Free Spirit before I ever got a bike shop bike. They were a blast, I rode those things into the ground, I rode them until the parts started falling off of them....But that was before wally world bikes had suspension forks, and full suspension, and grip shifters, or v- brakes..They were rigid, thumb shifter rigs. A couple of my brothers have the current wally-world specials...Total crap. The dam things won't stay together to save their lives. They are rusted(I thought Aluminum didn't rust??) The cranksets fall off, the BB creaks, the shifters don't work...Plus, they weigh 5 million pounds!!! I'm going to have a premature bad back from trying to lift the monsters up onto my bike stand!!!! Plus, the spokes rust, and the rims rust, bonding somehow to make a creaking, untruable wheel...Did I mention the forks??? Well, I won't go there.

Sounds to me like somebody already has their mind made up, and that certain someone is trying to spite all us bike snobs who fell for the trap.

Wally-world bikes have their place, the dumpster..They aren't meant for cross-country rides. I, nor did anyone else on this forum, come to that conclusion overnight. We didn't come to that conclusion just because.

If you wanna ride a wally world Schwinn across a continent, go ahead, go for it.

I work on wally-world bikeseveryday that don't even hold up for kids riding to school.