Quoted: 847 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 44 Posts

Glue Lam in place and temp support wall framing

New joists and 8' opening.

Final copper rough in

New DWV to be boxed in with soffit.

Risers
Originally Posted by easyupbug
Could not agree more. This summer I re-plumbed our 1940's hand hewed log cabin pulling all the galvanized pipe out of the crawl space. I love copper having spent 32 years in the copper industry, but will never touch it again after using PEX and Sharkbites, no doubt saved me days of work. Sweating copper on your back in a 18" crawl space full of spiders is a slow go.
Moving my parents in 2018 to Grosse Pointe so that I can assist them in their twilight has been an overwhelming time suck; daily housekeeping, cooking, financial management, transportation, and income tax matters. That's just for dad as mom is in memory care. Time has been scarce for remodeling.

The 95 y.o. house in my earlier post had a crappy 1950's bath remodel that compromised the floor framing and caused tile cracking. It is a small house with one full bath and an obsolete basement full bath. The original supply pipes were iron.

In the process of remodeling, I removed the wall between kitchen and dining room and framed new joists for the upper bathroom. As a repipe project I removing two ill configured closets to make room for 2 baths upstairs, added a powder room on the main level in a minimal dimension closet, and repiped the basement bath for dog shampoos. Since I am not an expert in laying out DWV, I hired out the rough plumbing, which was completed yesterday. It took 6 months to find a decent plumber and ended up working with my S.O.'s sibling's outfit.

Last edited by oddjob2; 11-21-19 at 09:33 AM.