View Single Post
Old 11-23-19, 09:51 AM
City Guy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Hi

My opinion only based on my experience with the Kickr SNAP. In August 2017 I purchased a refurbished Kickr SNAP directly from Wahoo. Since that time I have ridden approx. 12,500 km on the SNAP using Zwift. The SNAP has been trouble free. I do have an aluminum frame 9 speed bike that I have dedicated to Kickr Snap. The difference in price between the refurb SNAP and a new high-end trainer allowed the purchase of the dedicated aluminum 9 speed that was on sale at the time at the much missed Performance Bike. Quite a luxury to come home from work, change into cycling shorts and shoes, check pressure on the trainer bike, and start a Zwift workout. I also use with a trainer specific trainer tire, currently a Vittoria brand inflated to 110 psi, checked prior to each SNAP session. Although DC Rainmaker has recently mentioned on his website, that trainer specific tires are unnecessary.Regardless, I don't think much time would be required to remove the bike's rear wheel and mount on a trainer, a few minutes?

Now my opinion only, but I recently tired a friend's Kickr Core at his place and while the Core "felt" smoother and perhaps had a slightly noticeable smoother and quicker transitions into higher power ERG mode sprint intervals, but for me the SNAP is perfectly adequate.

Earlier this week I rode one of the Zwift structured workouts that had short sprint intervals. The SNAP was adequately responsive going from 135 W to 415 W, which required about 2-3 seconds to achieve the higher power level. As far as spin-down suggested prior to each ride, I basically only spin down the SNAP about once per week, using the spin-down within Zwift's pairing screen. Power accuracy? hard to say, I believe Zwift calculates power from several parameters, but important to remember power is an estimate only. I'm definitely considering purchasing a set of pedal based power meters, probably Favero Assioma's. On Thursday eve I participated in a Zwift Movember group ride, which turned into a Hammerfest for me while staying with a group of riders near the front, I averaged 90% FTP for one-hour, and the SNAP handled it without ant problems, not sure I can say the same for me, definitely felt it in my lags the next day. My experience with a Wahoo refurbished unit has been trouble free and when the time comes to get a new trainer when the SNAP no longer functions, without hesitation I would consider another Wahoo refurbished unit. Again, my opinion only based on my experience. Ride On....

Max
Likes For City Guy: