View Single Post
Old 02-01-06, 10:48 PM
sheba
ec velo

Bikes: XC: PUSS; Winter Beater: GT avalanche SS; Jump: Transition Trail or Park; Fixie: Steamroller

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Last November I decided to take a little bike-camping trip just for the weekend. I took off on friday afternoon with a full backpack on my back on the 15 mile trip to the local county forest. Now, I didn't have any kind of water filter or anything, so I was also hauling all the water for the whole weekend. Oh yeah, and I was on a single speed mtbike. I knew it was going to be painful, but holy crap, by the fifth mile my back was ready to explode. After like two hours or something I finally got to the forest and locked my bike up to a tree hidden from the road. Hiked in a little bit, ate some cliff bars, and made a campfire. I thought everything was going to be alright. Not right: I woke up in the middle of the night freezing cold. This damn Wisconsin weather. I realized I had over-estimated the insulating powers of my sleeping bag. The only option I had was to either make a fire or leave. I didn't really want to mess around with a fire and then get no sleep, so I dumped must of my water, found my bike and biked home in the middle of the freezing cold night. That's the last time...