cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2419 Post(s)
Liked 4,381 Times in 2,090 Posts
Originally Posted by HPL
Thank you, I thought the photos were of odd examples with seven digits; one showing the "S" marking. At least that's one thing resolved. Looks like the frame date works with the hub dates, I have never run into an original part date that was 3 years earlier than the frame. Those cranks must have fallen behind the workbench.

I just for the first time visited the Bike Share Museum site. I have no problem making a contribution there; your efforts have saved me time, some compensation is well deserved.

Sad bike share story: I found an abandoned bike that turned out to be a "Zagster" share/rental bike, I don't know the bike make. It was partially stripped, no wheels, no saddle, one crank arm. I brought it to the local police station and they weren't interested in an obviously stolen bike, and told me I do whatever I wanted; keep, trash, etc. I got in touch with the "Zagster" people and they didn't seem to be aware of, or care about their own property. It's still with me awaiting some future life, as a gift/donation bike.
Glad that the site was able to help, and thanks for alerting me of that "S" marking - I'll keep it in the back of my mind too.

Those three-arm Nuovo Gran Sport cranks don't really seem to be plentiful out there, which brings up a question as to how popular they were. Could be that Campagnolo gave Raleigh a sweet deal on those cranks as they were sitting on the shelf too long.

PM me about the Zagster. I'm crazy enough to have that thing shipped over and rebuild it...

-Kurt