Old 11-25-19, 10:13 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami Bikes

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro View Post
If you need chainrings or cogs - https://www.njs-export.com/ is a great source. (The eBay web store - link at the bottom of the page - is sometimes cheaper.)

And you really don't need an SRM if you're trying to save money. But if you do go SRM, you will probably want to go with a Rotor version to be able to go with arms shorter than 165, which I would assume is what you would want.
Thanks on the rings/cogs link.

SRM - they offer 160 now, at least on their site (Origin track), but believe it or not I'm going to start with 170 and see how it goes. Using a 175 on the road, I've had a hard time getting used to even a 170, having tried it 3 different seasons in the last 12 years or so.

I'm pretty vested in SRM, with two on my road bikes, so having a third would keep things consistent. I don't want to be wondering if the power reading is off from one crank to another. Plus I'd have spare heads, pickups, etc. And with trade in stuff I may be able to save some money.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson