Old 12-02-19, 02:21 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4224 Post(s)
Liked 2,944 Times in 1,803 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowflake6
My thought was that however I mounted it, it would be far enough forward not to drip on... I was thinking a position about where my hands would be if I was on aero bars. So to use the keyboard i'd put my elbows on the cross-bar, and where my hands ended up would be my keyboard. At least on my bike, that puts my hands well in front of me... Although maybe that just means my body position is ****e...
No, that makes total sense. I'm just too lazy/cheap to make or buy a stand, so I was trying to think of a way to mount to my bike. A stand is better than trying to find a way to do a quick release. Right now I'm on rollers (with a fork stand because I'm recovering from major knee surgery and am afraid of falling, which is also why I'm riding inside while it's still nice out), on a wooden platform I've made. I've also made a sort of cart that the rollers can sit on. I plan to makes strips on either side of the wheels of the cart and attach the front and back to the platform with bungees so that I can allow some forward/back motion on the rollers to simulate a more natural ride. That motion would make an external stand for the keyboard challenging to reach at times unless I put it off to the side.