Moe Zhoost
Half way there

Bikes: Many, and the list changes frequently

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked 880 Times in 527 Posts
Originally Posted by nfmisso
I have no ground clearance worries for my commuting - and would choose the TSDZ2 over any other conversion, because of the torque sensor system and its low weight.

If ground clearance is a concern, neither BaFang nor Tong Sheng are good choices because they hang down below the BB.
I thought hard about front/mid/rear drives when I was planning the e-conversion of my wife's bike. I ended up buying a Tong Sheng TSDZ2 kit and am very happy that I did. It's small, has adequate power, and best of all, it's a torque sensing system, which makes it more of a bicycle since you will have to pedal. The motor does hang down below the bottom bracket; however it does not hang below the bottom of the chain ring so clearance is moot.

Originally Posted by YuriyLogvin
In my experience, when choosing a motor location I first, ask who’s going to be using the bike. Is this going to be a bike for a young or elderly person?

For older people, installing the motor on the front wheel is more beneficial. For young people, it’s better to mount the motor on the rear wheel. In that way, the wheel will not slip, the bike will have good dynamic characteristics.
This observation about the age of the rider is inane. What basis do you have for making this distinction?