Old 12-05-19, 11:32 AM
bbbean 

Bikes: Giant Propel, Cannondale SuperX, Univega Alpina Ultima

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked 417 Times in 249 Posts
Originally Posted by Cypress
Waaaay back in the day I was a detail guy at a car dealership. Every person that got an oil change got a free car wash. The car was then delivered to a covered bay so the customer didn't have to be in the elements when they picked their vehicle up. I once delivered a car to the bay during an epic rainstorm, and the customer was waiting for me. I thanked her, and as soon as I started to walk away, she (very rudely) demanded that I dry her car off ...7-feet from the open bay door that she was about to drive out of into the MONSOONAL RAIN. I chuckled because I thought she was kidding with me, but it quickly became obvious that she was dead serious. She followed me around her car as I dried it off, pointing out spots that weren't dry. Once she was satisfied, she got into the car without saying a word, then honked the horn at me and pointed to her side-view mirror that still had a film of water on it. I wiped it off to perfection, looked at her with a smile and a thumbs up so as to say "we good?" and she deadass scowled at me and drove off...into the rain. .
Sounds like you handled it perfectly. Well done.

Formerly fastest rider in the grupetto, currently slowest guy in the peloton

Likes For bbbean: