Old 12-08-19, 10:47 PM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked 441 Times in 314 Posts
You’re welcome!

Challenge Criterium SC 320 25mm tires are selling for $51.49 at Probikekit. I guess this isn’t a screaming great deal but they might be on sale slightly cheaper at one of the English or German on-line mail order bike shops. These might be just a bit smaller than the Parigi-Roubaix depending on your rear brake bridge/brake caliper clearance or your fork clearance. What bike are these being mounted on?

I used to to run my road bike tires at 110psi+ front and rear. I gave up on this a couple years ago and now run the lower pressures I listed (~75-80 front, ~82-90 rear) and am enjoying the heck out of the supple ride quality. I did get a couple of flats on the rear at the end of this riding season after about 2,000 miles. I ended up replacing the rear tire when it lost a thumbnail sized chunk of tread one day this past October when I lost control on some chip-seal jamming my gloved hand into my seatstay accidentally while trying to flick off some debris.

The Pro’s Closet had a small quantity of Challenge Strada 300’s for under $30 each last month but they are sold out now. This is what I replaced my rear with. I did a cold weather ride on them 2 days ago and everything runs smooth and fast - no issues.