Old 12-09-19, 10:02 AM
TakingMyTime

Bikes: Trek 7.4 FX

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
Liked 912 Times in 535 Posts
Looking for Vacation advice: Denver > Los Angeles

This isn't necessarily bike related but I thought I might tap into the collected wisdom of this subforum and solicit some help. Before I get started I would just like to point out that I'm looking for general instructions. I'm not looking for a turn by turn guide. Just some basic ideas, warnings and suggestions. We would like to do this during March or April.

No Bikes. The wife and I would fly into Denver early on a Saturday morning and then spend the remainder of the weekend visiting relatives. We plan on renting a car and leave the Denver area early Monday morning and drive back to Los Angeles.

This give us 7 days to to cover 1100 - 1200 miles which is plenty of time for us to enjoy some of the sites and have a layover day or 2, along the way. What worries me is that there may still be snow on several of the routes and we would prefer to keep moving. A long detour or delay would really suck the fun out of the trip.

What would the suggested routes be that time of year? I'm looking at going a bit North on 80 and then catching the 15, or just take the 60 to the 15. Are these roads generally kept in good condition where I won't need chains etc?

Sorry if this is a bit off topic. Thank you in advance for any help.

Last edited by TakingMyTime; 12-09-19 at 10:21 AM.