Old 12-13-19, 11:25 PM
Redhatter

Bikes: Dahon fold-up, '12 Giant Talon 29 ER 0, '16 Giant Toughroad SLR1.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 52 Posts
The only thing I've seen (it was featured on the ABC television program "The New Inventers" many years ago) was a trike set up for a young boy that was in the same predicament as yourself. The trike was a recumbent design with a bucket-style seat which, when the cyclist leant one side or the other, would cause the trike to steer in that direction. I do not recall how braking or gearing worked. Maybe that's a starting-point… have a look at who sells recumbent trikes in your area, then see if the set-up can be adapted.

As hand-signals are pretty much an impossibility, you'd probably want to consider some sort of bicycle indicator system. LED indicators for motorcycles work quite well for this, just needing a simple circuit consisting of a few switches, a NE555 (and supporting passive components) and a power MOSFET to blink the indicators. I have such a set up on mine (noting that I have no physical disabilities, I just prefer not taking my hands off the handlebars) and it has been working quite well for some time.

https://hackaday.io/project/19436-bi...ighting-system

Good on you for wanting to give it a go though. I wish you all the best.