View Single Post
Old 12-14-19, 08:31 AM
BFisher

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked 1,898 Times in 889 Posts
Originally Posted by bulgie
OK, your call, but that tape on there now is original. Unwrap it carefully and conserve it for the bike's next owner. Unless you plan on being buried with it? Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Maybe sell the tape here or on the 'bay! If you want to give it away, let me say I have a one-owner bronze green '71 that currently has upright bars, but I am considering restoring it to the catalog spec, for sentimental reasons. I have all the other parts I need, such as the Weinmann A210 rims, GB bars & stem, Raleigh quill pedals, Carlton brake lever hoods, the Huret Luxe ST and the extra-long Huret downtube shift levers.

Do you know about the Kool Stop pads that are a near-exact reproduction of the original Weinmanns? I think it's so "kool" that they do that. They deserve our support for making such a niche product for us C&V weirdos. They make several other retro/repro styles too, including Mafac.
I had no idea that tape was in demand, but if I decide to part with it I'll let you know first.

I have seen the Kool stop products, quite "kool" - have some on a set of Mafacs. As a matter of fact, I've had a pretty good variety of pads from them and they've all been good.