Old 12-14-19, 02:30 PM
dualresponse

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 45 Posts
Just bought a 2019 diverge. So far, so good. Like others, biggest concern is the "future shock". I've owned a bunch of softride flex stems, and forks, and I'm well aware how something so simple can get so much slop. First thing I did was pull it out to remove 5 feet of extra headset shims. I think in a worst case scenario, the future shock could be made rigid if replacements are not supported. The other thing I worry about is the 2.5mm headset tensioning screws and a 3mm band holding the fork/futureshock together. And then there's the mongo headset bearing races. Oh well.

It was between this and a trek checkpoint. I went with the diverge because I wanted to support a friend who owns a local bike shop. He got me a pretty good year end deal.

I think the trek has better clearance for wider tires, and the possibility for a rear rack, but the deal on the diverge was too good to pass up. The trek also has the elastomer junction between the seatube and the toptube/seatstay junction. How long is that going to last? Will that be supported?

We'll see.

Today's shakedown ride:

Likes For dualresponse: