View Single Post
Old 12-16-19, 08:16 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10954 Post(s)
Liked 7,482 Times in 4,184 Posts
Favorite solo ride- the c&v crowd had a big group ride in SW WI back in September that I went to. I decided to take the next day off work and drove only halfway home so I could ride a 45mi gravel route i mapped out in the Driftless area of NE IA.
It was a blast. I had a mix of gravel roads, level B(minimum maintenance), and level C(no maintenance) roads on the first half of the ride. It was constant climbing since that area is rolling hill after rolling hill, but the farms and views were beautiful.
I passed by the Field of Dreams, and then made my way back to the start via some gravel roads and a limestone rail trail.

Favorite non-solo ride would be a 40mi ride I did on the 4th of July with my oldest daughter who is 12. It was on a rolling paved trail that gives you some decent climb and tracks thru woods as well as prairie. Some riding, some food, lots of fun. No speed records were set, but it was the first time I found out she can climb really well.
Likes For mstateglfr: