Old 12-16-19, 08:49 PM
MNwj48

Bikes: Schwinn Suburban 1974

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Snow riding

Now it is December, and I am still riding the bicycle to the Library and the Bank.

Some work was done in Sochaki park putting in a culvert so the ponds do not create a stream across the trail. I had a chance to ask about the winter snow removal and the park people said they don't clean the paths in the winter.

Well someone is cleaning it, not a good job, but gets it down near the pavement.

This year I have been using the back streets more than the park as they are easier to ride, until the sun has had a chance. This is only for rides where I do not have to ride next to traffic.

Got myself a new dinger (dinger got ruined in crash, as mentioned in a previous post).

I could not find anything like my old dinger (which was reliable and my thumb was trained to it), and I do not remember where I got it.

I wanted something reliable, because if you are coming up from behind someone, you only got seconds to DING your bell. Most of the bells that I tried would only ding sometimes, and not consistently.

I got a reasonably priced one that is a round dial. When the dial is spun it rings the bell. I mounted it sideways, so my thumb can spin it easily.

It has been reliable, and I can vary the dinging by how hard I spin the dial with my thumb.