Old 12-19-19, 07:31 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4510 Post(s)
Liked 6,377 Times in 3,667 Posts
Originally Posted by Oldairhead
I just spoke with Alex Battaglin this morning on the phone. I have ordered a Marosticana but have yet to provide the details for the build. He said that they will send me a list of measurements to be taken and questions to be answered to determine how the frame will be built. It will be a completely custom build, for me and me alone! I will post again when the next step occurs. It seems that the process will include much input from my end as well as much feedback from theirs, including video of the build process! They said that with the holidays it should be a 7 week turn-around to finish the frame. This should be fun!

https://officinabattaglin.com/marosticana

I can't help but wonder though if these beautiful bikes will be met with the same disdain as some people have for bikes like the Bianchi L'Eroica? Such a shame that there are those who take a negative view of these modern efforts to honor the traditions of the past. But, I for one wish to support builders like Alex Battaglin and Bianchi who are trying to keep the torch lit!
Hear, hear, anyone with disdain for this being done by A. Battaglin, Bianchi, DeRosa, Formigli or anyone else that has been doing it or still does it the way its been being done can bugger off, be summarily dismissed and shunned accordingly, morons.

These snobs don't know whats good for them or us, if they had their way all the keepers of the flame would throw in the towel and give up.
Fortunately for us that doesn't seem like it will happen anytime soon, hopefully never, there's a lot more frames to be built.

Last edited by merziac; 12-19-19 at 07:35 PM.