Old 12-21-19, 11:09 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
What is this money stuff of which you speak?

Seriously, tho', besides bike stuff, mostly medical expenses and nutrition supplements. And my cats.

I finally splurged on some decent cycling kit this year. Lost so much weight the past year my old kit was flappy. Nothing fancy, mostly shorts, bibs, jerseys, etc., from those Amazon vendors with goofy names like Bbbpppttti. But it fits and works well.

I don't even spend much on electronics. I'm such a cheapskate I waited 7 years to finally upgrade my 2012 desktop PC from the barely competent motherboard graphics chipset to a proper video card. And I still got the next-to-cheapest Nvidia low profile card that would fit my mini tower. I'm not a gamer, but it's nice to finally stream HD movies without st-st-stuttering.

And I'm still spending less than I did on beer. Love beer but it doesn't love me back. After my thyroid failed a couple of years ago I couldn't metabolize alcohol anymore. One or two drinks and I'd have hangover symptoms within an hour. Kinda sucked all the joy out of local craft beer. But that stuff was pricey. And potent. My favorite craft beers were all 6%-12% ABV. So almost-quitting (I still might have one light beer a month with pizza) saved a lot of money and I lost 10 lbs or more just from cutting out the excess carbs.