Old 12-23-19, 12:19 PM
Digger Goreman
Quidam Bike Super Hero

Bikes: 1995 Trek 800 Sport, aka, "CamelTrek"

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 415 Times in 282 Posts
I routinely forget that we all come from different setups... having no reality concept of what ya'll go through above about 32 degrees latitude

My "bug out"/retirement plan if stranded in the U.S., started with that thread on the weatherman showing where 70F weather is all the time. I modified this to where the weather is low 60- high 80 degrees F throughout the year. This is my riding temp comfort zone. Two routes showed promise: Both start with living in Brownsville, TX from Nov-March. Both travel through Austin to Dallas, following the nice temps. One then travels through Tulsa, KC and up to Minneapolis for July-August (or staying on the road to Milwaukee) before turn around. The second is more ambitious, by heading west, through Denver, the Divide, Salt Lake, and up to Portland for Jul-Aug, or on up to Seattle, before turning around. So this is all stuck in my mind....

My other egg-head research is an internet attempt to use the least products in the most ways. Vinegar, Baking Soda (maybe ammonia) and Coconut Oil (along with a couple essential oils) have amazing properties/uses for self-sustained travel. Course whether or not the plan survives combat, is another story to be tested in the field.

This is the tent (or copy of the tent) I will be using, under a tarp, when not in a hammock: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...chweb201603_53

Last edited by Digger Goreman; 12-23-19 at 12:25 PM.