nesteel 

Bikes: See the signature....

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked 191 Times in 114 Posts
Originally Posted by Wileyone
We have a Winner... That's why I deleted the thread,

Before you posted did you read the links in the earlier posts? Or my original post for that matter? The bike is a Battle Tomahawk built in Encampment Wyoming. One of only 50 made. Yes I agree I have seen better welds. But they seem hell for strong. As does the rest of the bike, Found at a local co-op for $60. And it is an absolute hoot to ride. It is a work in process... Would you pass on it? Because of the welds?
#1 ) MTB's are not my thing, regardless of how few of any specific model were made.
#2 ) As a fabricator, yes, I will walk past things that don't look "correct". Will those welds hold? Likely, they've already lasted this long. Am I going to spend money on the bike that's wearing them? No. But others are welcome to.
#3 ) It is likely a unique example of MTB evolution. Look at the rear drops: that really resembles, to me anyway, the "new" active braking pivot Trek uses on it's line of off road bikes.