View Single Post
Old 12-30-19, 08:45 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2738 Post(s)
Liked 970 Times in 793 Posts
Originally Posted by spinconn
No problem there Papa Tom. I will not get the rack until next week but I already received the bag and you were understated in your praise of it. The design and construction are impeccable and I am astonished at how much capacity it actually has.

Things are progressing as I have a Brooks England Flyer saddle arriving some time this week and two Schwalbe Marathon Supremes coming next week.

I am going to be looking at better pedals and grips next. The big thing now is to up my mileage. I am doing a little over 100 a week now but the weather and the holidays have held me back. I hope to begin soon with substantially more. Thanks again for your help.
what width 700 supremes did you get?
also , will this be your first leather seat? Be very sparing in how much proofide you put on it, dont put too much, its better for the life of the seat not to over do it. Also if you arent heavy, you may find like me that it takes quite a while for the springs to loosen up a bit. Im a light guy and found it to be rather stiff for a long time until I was riding it regularly and bashing over Montreal potholes more often.

here are two reviews I wrote of my Supreme's experiences. I like them a lot and have nothing but good things to say about them
Schwalbe Supremes 26x2in wear photos and impressions

Schwalbe Supreme26x2 followup #2 roughly6000kms