View Single Post
Old 01-02-20, 10:05 AM
Barry2 
LRP=HR

Bikes: 79 Holdsworth Special, 96 Cannondale F700CAD3, 2011 Cervelo R3, JustGo Runt, Ridley Oval, Kickr Bike 8-)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked 161 Times in 105 Posts
Untangle apps

1/02/2020
Had issues with all of my apps coordinating with each other. Saw duplicated cycling being reported in various levels of detail.
Previously I had been using only Fitbit to track exercise including my outdoor cycling.
I was hoping to be able to upload indoor cycling and continue to use Fitbit, but no luck.
I found that Fitbit will report walks to Strava using it to report cycling was a bit hot or miss. I found that both Fulgaz and Wahoo report indoor outdoor cycling very well to Strava.
So current setup
I subscribed to Strava. Fulgaz and Wahoo are used to report cycling, Fitbit is reporting walking.
Upon completion of an indoor or outdoor Cycle run, I go into Fitbit and report that period of elevated heart rate as exercise.
This allows my Fitbit to keep track of exercise goals for the week.
Not ideal, but it's working for me right now.

Strava has my money. Fulgaz will be getting my money. Zwift I have not returned to after my initial disappointment.

I estimate my current FTP at 100-110W and none of the training plans I've been able to find are targeted this low.
Even the available FTP testing routines do not appear to be achievable.

I've set myself a target of 50 miles a week (indoor/outdoor combined) I'll report back end of January.... Happy new year.

All the Best

Barry