Old 01-02-20, 03:27 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDudeIsHere
Ha ha ha, too sensitive I guess. I guess the funny face touches a nerve with you though most would understand that it is just a silly gesture. Got your chamois bunched up I guess.

But to be honest, I ride the same roads around here than many many cyclists ride. Matter of fact, I have ridden with hundreds of forum members. SEVERAL of which whine on forums about bad drivers and harassment. But to be honest, after having been along on rides with them, I see why they are being harassed on the roads.

So in my experience, there are a whole lot of cyclists that think they are good safe cyclists who do things on the road that encourage harassment. So maybe, just maybe, you could be one of those and you just don't know it.

As far as the funny faces, lighten up man, your're to tight.

I bet most people who get harassed do things that constitute a honk or shout but don't even know it. I've ridden with people who are like this and chose to avoid them. Probably why I don't get harassed on the road riding the very same roads.

I've ridden all over So Calif, Arizona, Mexico and never been harassed. Sorry if you attract trouble but I ride the same roads as many cyclists who constantly whine about harassment, on the same roads, but for some strange reason, I don't get harassed, HMMM!

Read up on the fundamental attribution error. This post is a great example of it.