View Single Post
Old 01-08-20, 08:34 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1764 Post(s)
Liked 1,577 Times in 910 Posts
I just went through a similar thought exercise for my Cervelo. In the end I bought the RedShift offerings. They still have not arrived in the post.

The dual position seatpost is what really did it for me. Being able to convert from one geometry to the other (Road/Tri) on the fly & as needed seems like it would be useful. The price seemed right for such a capability... We'll see.

As for road bars, standard road bars with the exact same reach, drop, width could be a challenge. But I think more important is overall shape. I've discovered I like a wide flat area between the hoods & the tops. It allows me to be in a more aero (torso down/forarms horizontal) position for longer. Maybe a feature like that could influence your decision?

I'm not a fan of intigrated anything. Modular, (in this case, a seperate bar & stem) allows much more freedom for the end user. And besides...What is the aero penalty of an exposed bolt head on the stem cap plate, anyway? Standard road bars that fit you is the better choice IMO.

Car dependency is a tax.