cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2420 Post(s)
Liked 4,381 Times in 2,090 Posts
Originally Posted by jogya03
very interesting refurb project, I am just waiting some updates....just maybe Santa comes with parts...
Not much so far. I swapped a neighbor a Fizik saddle for an el-cheapo Chinese no-name Swallow ripoff. It's saggy and crappy, but still a lot more tolerable (and better looking) than anything I've had on it so far.

I almost hit the BIN on a Velo-Orange Porteur bar earlier in the week, but was a bit miffed when the seller's idea (eBay) of an offer was to come back with $1 off the asking price (I asked around $3 off or so to match Abaxo's price). Ruins some of the foldability, but at least it'll be tolerable - if I wanted to be stretched out, I'd put drop bars on the darn thing. Still need to figure out what to do for grips too - my mind can't get past the usual C&V options I'm accustomed to.

I ordered the VO bars, some basic leather locking grips, and a 35 degree/60mm riser stem to be on the safe side. Going to finish this thing once and for all.

I also have a set of virtually new Nexus four-finger brake levers on hand. Should work well.

-Kurt

Last edited by cudak888; 01-08-20 at 10:34 PM.