View Single Post
Old 01-13-20, 02:09 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 588 Times in 420 Posts
Woohoo! I opted to avoid this thread when it first fired up. After several pages I'm going to pipe in.

I hang out around here when I can because most people keep it genuinely constructive and tend to follow a few unspoken adages:
  • If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it.
  • There's no shame in not knowing, the shame lies in not finding out.
  • Cheese, wine, (bikes!,) and friends must be old to be good.
I try to keep it positive, sometimes I'll edit my post 10 damn times because I see crap someone may take personally. I could just say "don't care, moving right along" but that attitude running rampant is what's caused me a load of grief at other forums I've frequented or moderated. It just doesn't work. Fortunately, BF has some great moderators here in C&V (thanks, you know who you are!) and the C&V community does a good job of self-policing also. Lots fewer bans I see handed out here versus other places. We're all in this pickle together, I dunno about you, but I prefer vinegar in my pickles, leave the piss for another pot.

That said, there are some characters here. Some people just need to realize you're an outlier on some things and/or have some serious pet peeves, maybe not in a good way. Furthermore, just because it's your preference doesn't mean everyone else in the community likes it, so if you see someone snapping back on you here or there, you may want to reflect on yourself for a sec and if you can't figure out why, take it to PM/DM to understand what's up.

Last but not least, some words of wisdom from Cobain and Einstein here, you can probably figure out which is which.

"Everyone is a genius. But, if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid."

"They laugh at me because I’m different; I laugh at them because they’re all the same."
Likes For francophile: